For the second summer in a row former Indian and University of Georgia pitcher Jack Gowen will be honing his skills for the Savannah Bananas of the Coastal Plain League. Gowen had his sophomore season in Athens cut short by the Covid-19 pandemic and will be looking to get back in action this week for the Bananas. The Coastal Plain League is a collegiate summer baseball league. This year, due to the virus, the Bananas will play a more localized schedule with most of their games coming against the Macon Bacon and Lexington (SC) Blowfish. The first game is scheduled to take place on July 1. Pictured above is Gowen pitching last Friday night in an intrasquad scrimmage. Photo courtesy of the Savannah Bananas.
- Local father murdered, arrest made in case
- Jarrod Thomas Brannan
- Ronald Roland Trotman, Sr.
- Personal responsibility
- Charles Edward ‘Chuck’ Spurlock, Jr.
- Alora Jayne Walls
- JOHN AUSTIN A. M. POPHAM
- After more than two decades, there will be a new Sheriff in town
- BOE awarded large grant, prepares for school year
- Homeland hires city attorney, preps for city improvements
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.