A charity golf tournament will be held by Kingdom Care Friday, April 26, at Okefenokee Golf Club located at 1204 River Oaks Drive in Blackshear.
There will be cash and specialty prizes. Lunch will be available at noon with tee time at 1:00 p.m. The entry fee is $400 per team. Hole sponsorships are available for $100. All donations are accepted and appreciated. For more information contact George Thomas at (912) 337-1510, David Morton at (912) 286-2082 or Kingdom Care at (912) 287-4434.
What is kingdom care?
• A local, non-profit 501(c)(3), volunteer-based free health care clinic
• Established in 2007 to provide medical, dental and vision services for the working uninsured or underinsured
• Serves as a “medical home” for our patients
• Obtains specialty medications through pharmaceutical programs (as available) that would be unaffordable for patients (ex. Insulin)
Who is eligible for our services?
• Uninsured or underinsured residents of Atkinson, Bacon, Brantley, Charlton, Clinch, Pierce, Ware, or Wayne County with a household income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline
• Must be ineligible for medicaid, medicare, work benefits or government funded coverage
• Must be working or actively seeking work. Some kingdom care services may be available for persons actively seeking disability status
What have we done so far (2009 - 2018)?
• Patient care has been delivered during 23,721 visits
• Medical professional and community volunteers have worked over 43,636 hours
• The value of provided care is over $10.2 million dollars, which does not include the value of procedures performed at hospitals, or all specialty referral care
How are we funded?
• Kingdom care does not receive nor seek federal or state funding
• All funding comes from short term private foundation grants and donations from local businesses, civic groups, churches and individuals
• Only five percent of the $136,000.00 annual budget is allocated for administration and grant writing
• The organization has one employee, a family nurse practitioner
How can you help?
The economic climate in our service area continues to validate the need for kingdom care. Our greatest challenge is financial sustainability. By playing in our annual golf tournament, sponsoring a hole, making a donation or volunteering, you can help kingdom care to provide a lifeline to many of our working neighbors who have little or no access to health care.